Dental Implants and How Much Do They Cost?
Missing teeth and exploring what options you have? Dental implants are a great option to restore your bite and achieve a smile you’re proud to have!
Dental implants are one of the most durable tooth replacement options you can have. In fact, they are practically as durable as strong, healthy teeth and can last a lifetime with the proper care and maintenance.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants consist of 3 components:
- The fixture (or implant body), is a small, cylindrical, metal screw that is implanted into the jawbone to act as an artificial tooth root.
- The abutment is a metal piece that joins the metal root and artificial tooth.
- The dental crown is made to look like a tooth and is the part you see.
How Much Are Dental Implants?
The price of dental implants depends on a lot of factors like:
- The number of dental fixtures and dental crowns a patient will require. (One implant or multiple.)
- Surgical costs to place the implant.
- Before implant placement, the patient may need some preparatory treatments like dental extractions if they have damaged or decayed teeth.
Another preparatory treatment is bone grafting. If the patient has soft or weak bones, the implant won’t take- therefore grafting is done to help make the jaw bone stronger.
- Sedation. If the work is major, this may be an option but with that comes the additional cost of course.
Root Canals vs. Dental Implants
Root canals and dental implants are very different. Both have great benefits but serve different purposes.
- Root canals are a great option if the tooth is savable. They are also less expensive (because they require no extractions) and have less downtime for recovery.
- Implants are also a great option because of their success rate. They have a much higher success rate than root canals. They are also not prone to more cavities, unlike natural teeth.
Dental Implants in Rockford, IL
If you’re looking for dental implants near Rockford, IL, then you’re in luck!
Here at The Teeth People, we try our hardest to make the process of a tooth implant a breeze and painless.
Dr. Chung has been voted #1 Rockford dentist for 4 years running. He is a specialist in dental implants and can help take care of your smile! Schedule an appointment with Dr. Chung where you can talk about your dental implant options.
Meet The Dentist
Dr. Thomas Chung is a licensed dentist practicing in the Rockford, IL area. Voted best dentist in Rockford 4 years running.